Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so easy and pretty. Adapted from Great American cookbook. Great as a before dinner salad, and elegant enough for an entrée. Feel free to dress it up with some of your favorite ingredients.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked till crisp, crumbled and set aside
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded monterey jack cheese (or more, as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lidded container, combine raspberry jam, oil and vinegar, lemon pepper seasoning, and seasoned salt; blend well.
- On four individual serving plates, arrange napa and red cabbages.
- Decoratively arrange tomatoes, avocados, and cucumbers on top.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and jack cheese on top of the salad, either together or separately.