Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great sauce to use with chicken or to top a taco.
- canola oil or corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions, minced
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies or 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 medium avocado, flesh removed and mashed into a fine pulp
- 16 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- Drain and rinse chiles, saute in oil with garlic and onion and when onions are transparent, add avocado and seasonings. Cook about 5 minutes on med-low or until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.