Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are each served open-faced on a single piece of toasted bread, but you can certainly double up there. I’m seriously considering doing these in the Cameron’s Smoker I just got… :o)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dip mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 3⁄4 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Place 1/4 of the dry ranch mix in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ranch mix, ground beef, onion and barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Form into 4 large flat patties and grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Top each with about 3 tablespoons shredded cheese while still warm.
- Grill bread slices until lightly toasted.
- Add mashed avocado to remaining dry ranch mix and mix well.
- To assemble, top each bread slice with a lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices and a burger patty.
- Add a heaping spoonful of seasoned avocado.
This was great! I added garlic to my mixture, and accidentally added a little bit of the shred cheese, but it still turned out great! The cheese inside the mixture makes the patty burn a little! That's okay though. The ranch and avocado was a HUGE hit! Thanks for sharing, this one's a keeper.
Everyone really enjoyed these! The avocado and ranch complimented each other really well, and the burgers were very moist. Yummy! Thanks Sandi!
OMG!!!! These burgers were so good. I especially loved the avocado mixture and smoked cheddar. LOVED THEM!!