1/6 Photos of Avocado Quesadillas
Gourmet Magazine. Add jalapneno slices for more bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 24 inches flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, avocado, onion, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3In another small bowl, mix together sour cream, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Put tortillas on a baking sheet and brush tops with oil.
- 5Broil tortillas 2 to 4 inches from heat until pale golden.
- 6Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- 7Spread avocado mixture evenly over 2 tortillas and top each with 1 of remaining tortillas, cheese side down to make 2 quesadillas.
- 8Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- 9Top each wedge with a dollop of sour cream mixture and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.8
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 978.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g