Gourmet Magazine. Add jalapneno slices for more bite.
Make and share this Avocado Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 24 inches flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, avocado, onion, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, mix together sour cream, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put tortillas on a baking sheet and brush tops with oil.
- Broil tortillas 2 to 4 inches from heat until pale golden.
- Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly over 2 tortillas and top each with 1 of remaining tortillas, cheese side down to make 2 quesadillas.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- Top each wedge with a dollop of sour cream mixture and serve warm.