Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Central Market recipe for Avocado Quesadillas
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
This is a great quesadilla for sure! I loved that it was done in the broiler. Quick and easy. Used corn tortillas which I didn't even bother cutting into triangles because they were so small. Also I don't ever have sour cream on hand so I just omitted that and stirred the cilantro into the avocado mixture. Fresh and delicious!
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, lemon juice and Tabasco, and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, stir together sour cream, coriander, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put tortillas on a large baking sheet and brush tops with oil.
- Broil tortillas on a rack set 2 to 4 inches from heat until pale golden. Turn tortillas and broil until other sides are pale golden.
- Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until melted and bubbling.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly over 2 tortillas and top each with one of remaining tortillas, cheese side down, to make 2 quesadillas.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut each into 8 wedges.