Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice alternative to traditional potato salad, and a wonderful way to use avocados.
Make and share this Avocado Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium red potatoes, unpeeled,cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Boil potato cubes until just tender.
- While potatoes boil, cube avocados and toss with 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Set aside.
- Drain potatoes and place in bowl of cold water.
- When potatoes have cooled, drain well and place in large salad bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk lime juice, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil and yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and toss.
- Gently fold in avocado, onion, and cilantro.
- Serve at room temperature or cover tightly and chill for up to three hours.
Yummy! How can anything with avocado be bad? I loved the tart creaminess of the dressing. I'm making more tomorrow.
Oh, yum! With lime, cilantro and avocado I suspected it would be good, and I wasn't disappointed! I halved the recipe and wished I hadn't! I used shallots in place of the onions. What a wonderful combination of flavors, thank you! I think I'll try adding hard-boiled egg the next time I make this.