Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avocado, cheese and veggie filled pita pockets, no cooking required ! Prepare this recipe as is, or you can substitute any cheese or raw veggie combination you happen to have. Original recipe came from the Los Angeles Times. I sometimes add green or black olives to the mixture and dress with homemade creamy garlic dressing in place of the bottled Italian.
- 1 medium avocado, cut in half and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing, bottled
- 4 pita pocket bread
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- olive (optional)
- Dice half of the avocado. Reserve other half.
- Toss avocado, vegetables and cheese with dressing.
- Slit pita breads and pull apart halfway, to form pocket.
- Fill with 1/4 of vegetable cheese mixture.
- Mash remaining avocado with lemon juice and tomato.
- Spoon 1/4 mixture into each pita sandwich.