Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Avocados are one of my favourite fruits and to have it on pizza is just divine!
- 1 pizza crusts or 1 large pita bread
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, slices
- 1⁄3 cup olive, sliced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- Spread pizza base with tomato paste, garlic and shallots.
- Arrange mushrooms, olive and cherry tomatoes around base. Sprinkle with cheese. Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until everything is golden.
- Remove from oven and serve topped with avocado and basil leaves.
Ohmygosh this is good. I think I probably didn't use quite as much basil as the recipe suggested and I might have had a little bit more mozz (but not much) and probably more garlic, but it was just out of this world. I used a frozen thin crust, which was perfect. I just went looking for a second piece and my husband had eaten almost all of it. He was practically jumping up and down telling me how good it was. Thanks so much for a terrific recipe.
OOOH these were good! I cut the recipe in half and used one pita which gave it a crispy crust and one Naan which resulted in a thicker crust. I added more mozarella and the star of the show...avocado.I cooked them at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes and then proceeded to devour them. (the serving amount might be a little high, then again it could be that I ate enough for 2 people)