Recipe by mrose75
This makes a great snack. The avocado and mozzarella cheese make a nice combination!
- 3 whole wheat pita bread or 3 white pita bread rounds
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium avocado
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pita round into quarters; spread the inside of each with the mayonnaise.
- Peel and seed avocado. Cut half of the avocado into 6 slices. Cut each slice into half crosswise.
- Toss together cheese, tomato, and carrot and spoon into each pita quarter.
- Place an avocado piece in each.
- Top with alfalfa sprouts.