Recipe by coconutty
I prepare this several different ways depending on my mood and what's available. Sometimes I omit the cheese, sometimes I omit the shallot/red onion, and sometimes I omit the oil and/or pepper. It tastes great any way I try it!
- 2 medium pink grapefruit
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 -2 tablespoon crumbled Roquefort cheese or 1 -2 tablespoon blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons shallots or 2 teaspoons red onions, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil (optional) or flax seed oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the grapefruit; scoop out as much of the sections as possible with a sharp grapefruit spoon and place in a bowl. Squeeze out any extra juice and add that too.
- Halve each avocado, remove the pit and scoop out bite-sized pieces of avocado with a spoon. Add to grapefruit sections; mix.
- Top with crumbled roquefort or bleu cheese (sometimes I omit the cheese).
- Add shallot or red onion if desired.
- If there is a lot of juice, sometimes I add some flax or extra virgin olive oil to the dressing.
- This is also good with lemon pepper or black pepper.
- Note: Sometimes I simply halve the grapefruit and scoop out the sections with a grapefruit spoon. This is messier and less attractive than carefully removing all the membranes of each grapefruit section, but it saves a little time.