Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Amounts are suggestions only. You can use lettuce or mixed greens instead of mache. Use pink or ruby grapefruit. As AmandaInOz suggested, I am revising this recipe to include a Dijon dressing. I like Trader Joe's Dijon mustard with white wine.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoona fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- mache, leaves trimmed
- celtic salt
- For the mustard vinaigrette:.
- In the salad bowl, mix mustard well with oil; add juice and continue to blend until thoroughly blended.
- For the salad:.
- Peel, section and de-membrane the grapefruit and place in salad bowl.
- Add sliced avocado and a few handfuls of mache leaves or greens.
- Toss gently.
- Salt to taste.
- Sometimes I simply halve the grapefruit and scoop out the sections with a grapefruit spoon. This is messier and less attractive than carefully removing all the membranes of each grapefruit section, but it saves a little time.
Yummy salad! I substituted watercress for mache because I had some that needed to be used. The avocado and pink grapefruit are lovely together, but the dressing left something to be desired. I think a bit of Dijon mustard would have gone a long way to help balance the flavours. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.