Recipe by KristinV
Rich and creamy with all your favourite pesto flavours! Who knew flavour this big could come together so quickly.
Top Review by Sarah Naomi
I add chopped pepperoncinis instead of sundried tomatoes for a little kick and it's so good. Make what you plan to eat during that meal though. Because of the avocado, it doesn't look as appetizing the next day as the sauce browns overnight.
- 1 lb dried linguine
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to package directions. While pasta cooks, in a food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta. In a large serving bowl, toss pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with sun-dried tomatoes.