Oranges add a fruity and flavoursome note to creamy avocados in this simple but tempting salad recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- arugula leaf
- 2 avocados, peeled and stoned
- 2 oranges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, coarsley chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 1Place a little arugula on each serving plate or on a large platter.
- 2Thinly slice the avocados and arrange the slices on top.
- 3Using a sharp knife, peel and remove the pith from the oranges, remove any pips and then cut the flesh into 1/2in slices. Arrange on top of the avocado
- 4Sprinkle the red onion slices and basil over the salad.
- 5Put all the vinaigrette ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake well.
- 6Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado, Orange and Red Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.7
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g