Recipe by English_Rose
Oranges add a fruity and flavoursome note to creamy avocados in this simple but tempting salad recipe.
- arugula leaf
- 2 avocados, peeled and stoned
- 2 oranges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, coarsley chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a little arugula on each serving plate or on a large platter.
- Thinly slice the avocados and arrange the slices on top.
- Using a sharp knife, peel and remove the pith from the oranges, remove any pips and then cut the flesh into 1/2in slices. Arrange on top of the avocado
- Sprinkle the red onion slices and basil over the salad.
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.