Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook; South Australia. “Navel oranges are available most of the year, as our vast continent affords us several picking seasons. Oranges are used widely in the Australian kitchen. Serve this salad within 10 minutes of making it, before the avocado browns.”
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 large avocado, ripe but firm
- 1 purple onion, cut into slices 3/8-inch thick (1-cm)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 29.58 ml light olive oil
- 1.23 ml dried Italian seasoning
- With a sharp knife, cut the skin and all the white pith off the oranges. Working over a small bowl to catch the juice, segment the orange slices, cutting on either side of each segment to release it from the membrane. Arrange for great presentation in a salad bowl.
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado and cut crosswise into thin slices. Add the salad bowl.
- Separate the onion slices into rings. Arrange in the bowl with tor orange segments and avocado slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, 1 ½ tablespoon the reserved orange juice, the oil and the bergs,. Immediately pour over the salad and serve at once.
A very light salad that is super is easy to make. I made half a recipe and arranged the individual servings on salad plates and drizzled the dressing over all. Something that I look forward to making again. Made for Aussie Swap.
What a wonderful salad! So quick and easy to make and a great blend of flavors. I will make this again and again. Thanks for posting.