1/1 Photo of Avocado, Orange and Purple Onion Salad
From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook; South Australia. “Navel oranges are available most of the year, as our vast continent affords us several picking seasons. Oranges are used widely in the Australian kitchen. Serve this salad within 10 minutes of making it, before the avocado browns.”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a sharp knife, cut the skin and all the white pith off the oranges. Working over a small bowl to catch the juice, segment the orange slices, cutting on either side of each segment to release it from the membrane. Arrange for great presentation in a salad bowl.
- 2Halve, pit, and peel the avocado and cut crosswise into thin slices. Add the salad bowl.
- 3Separate the onion slices into rings. Arrange in the bowl with tor orange segments and avocado slices.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, 1 ½ tablespoon the reserved orange juice, the oil and the bergs,. Immediately pour over the salad and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado, Orange and Purple Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning