Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a knife-and-fork version of a BLT.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon, drained
- thousand island dressing
- Combine mayonnaise and half the lemon juice; spread on one side of each slice toast.
- Brush avocado with remaining lemon juice.
- Place leaf lettuce, tomato slices, and avocado slices on toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Crisscross 2 bacon slices atop each.
- Spoon on thousand Island dressing.
- Garnish plate with pickles and olives.
what a great bright summery lunch sandwich! I made this for the tag games forum. Only thing i changed was to use ranch dressing rather than mayo.
Yummy! I really enjoyed made with veggie bacon. The thousand island dressing was so good on top. Thanks! Made for Cookbook tag.