Recipe by FlemishMinx
This quick-bread is a great way to use up that lone avocado quickly passing it's prime! Not too sweet, pretty color, and no one in my household could guess that it was avocado. It's moist despite containing no oil. Avocados do differ in size, you want 1/2 cup mashed pulp. Walnuts can be substitued for pecans if desired. Number of servings is a broad estimate as it will depend on how thickly you slice it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and avocado; stir in buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and blend well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.