Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love English Muffins with mushroom and melted cheese. I was about to make one for Brunch when I remembered I had an avocado on hand and wanted some of that too. So, I decided to put some with the mushrooms and cheese and WOW they were really good! I plan on making them again and using them as hot appetizers
- 1 English muffin
- 3 -4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons colby or 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- Slice English Muffin in half, put into toaster oven to toast.
- Melt butter in small skillet, add mushrooms ,salt, pepper and garlic to taste,.
- saute until browned.
- Remove muffins from oven, butter and place on broiler pan. Place mushrooms on muffins, add sliced avocado and top with cheese.
- Put back into oven on broil until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, slice in quarters and enjoy!