This makes a refreshing meal, served with a loaf of crusty french bread and good bottle of red wine; could also be used as a first course, in reduced quantities. I recommend using the finger-tip sized fresh mozzarella balls if you can find them. Which salad greens you use are up to you, but a combination half dark green leaf/half alfalfa sprouts seems to work particularly well, and is also quite attractive. I'd never eaten alfalfa sprouts before trying this recipe but was a quick convert to their clean, spicy flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained first
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (the good stuff)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, in 1 inch cubes, or the finger-tip sized balls
- 4 cups salad greens, washed
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small jar.
- 2Put the lid on, and shake well to emulsify.
- 3In a bowl, combine the avocado slices, lemon juice, and mozzarella.
- 4Add the dressing to the avocado/cheese combination, and toss to coat all pieces well.
- 5Place the salad greens on two plates, putting alfalfa sprouts on top (if using).
- 6Arrange the avocado and mozzarella on top of greens, and top each with a tablespon of the parmesan.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado & Mozzarella Salad With Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.5
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 647.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g