This very tasty and easy salad is out of a Bon Appetit and I think it originated in a London restaurant. Whatever, it is very, very good and goes well with rice dishes. Enjoy.
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cube
- 1 cup fresh water packed mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped and drained
- salt and pepper
- Toss first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- (can be made about 6 hours ahead, covered and chilled).
- Stir in avocado and mozzarella.
- Season to taste.
We really enjoyed this salad. Have to agree with the other reviewer and say that the oil can really be cut back. I had cut the recipe in half first since we were only 2 and it was just for a side salad. Definitely does not need that much oil. Make sure you use fresh basil because the flavor of the salad will make a big difference. I also bought the mozzarella little balls so no need to chop them. This was a very quick salad to put together, made it in the morning and just added the avocado when it was time to eat lunch. Great tasting salad that I would make again. Thanks for sharing Halifax Liz
This was easy to prepare, enjoyed the avocado with the cheese and tomatoes. Only change I will make is to cut back on the vinegar and olive oil next time. But very refreshing.