3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
November issue of Australian Table Magazine. Looks like an elegant entree for a dinner party. Cook time is chill time for Mousse and cook time for melba toast combined. Believe you could do this in a larger mould and serve buffet style surrounded with melba toast, crackers and or fresh crispy vegetables.
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large avocados (or 3 small, peeled and seeded)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise (whole-egg 300 grams)
- 2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (a dash)
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/4 cup water (hot 60ml)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices bread
- 1Avocado Mousse.
- 2Place avocado flesh, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 3Add mayonnaise and process until well combined.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl and stir through chives and tabasco.
- 5Whisk together gelatine and hot water until gelatine dissolves.
- 6Stir 1/4 cup of avocado mixture into gelatine.
- 7Return to avocado mixture, season to taste and mix well.
- 8Divide mixture between six slightly wet 1/2 cup moulds. Chill for 3 hours, until set.
- 9Invert onto serving plates and serve with melba toast.
- 10Melba Toast.
- 11Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- 12Remove crusts from sliced bread and cut into quarters (triangles are most attractive) and roll to flatten.
- 13Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- 14Can be made early in the day and stored in an air tight container ready for serving that night.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Mousse and Melba Toast
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.5
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 637.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g