Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A flavorsome concoction that will take you back to the USVI's every single time! From islandflave.com. PREP TIME DOES NOT INCLUDE 4 HOURS REFRIGERATION TIME.
- Sprinkle gelatin over broth and stir over low heat until melted.
- Add vinegar, onion, and lime juice. Mix well. Chill.
- Cut avocados, peel, seed, & beat until smooth & creamy. Blend 2 cups of the avocado mixture with mayonnaise and the broth mixture.
- Season with salt & hot sauce to taste.
- Fold in whipped cream & pour into 6 cup mold.
- Chill for 4 hours or until firm.
The flavor gets 5 stars. If you want a gelatin based texture there is nothing wrong with this. I was looking for something creamier so I used this as a starting point. I saw an ad for appetizers that had avacado mousse topped with salmon. Loved the idea, but not the mousse. So I tried this one as written next. The flavor is what I wanted, but still had a bit too much jello texture for what I had in my head. Then I made this but subbed cream cheese for the broth/ gelatin. Bingo... The creamy mousse for piping on dessert crackers / topped with salmon and a sprig of fresh dill.