Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A salad from Australia Unusual but scrumptious.
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6 cups mixed melon balls
- 16 ounces cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- mint (to garnish)
- To make the dressing, slice half the Strawberries, blend with sour cream, salt & lemon peel until smooth. chill until required.
- Arrange avocado, melon balls, cottage cheese & remaining strawberries on a lettuce lined platter.
- Just before serving drizzle the dressing over and garnish with mint.
- This makes a large bowl of salad!
I halved this recipe and three of us ate the whole thing LOL!! It was so good, and it looked so pretty. Really a different salad, but don't be afraid, it was GREAT! I would give it ten stars if I could! Thanks for posting!!