Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Avocado Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, then wash them thoroughly.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold, salted water to cover them and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min, or until cooked through, and drain.
- Meanwhile put butter, lemon and garlic in a saucepan over very, very low. Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes. Discard lemon and garlic.
- When potatoes are done, drain and mashed to your liking. Fold in avocado and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like creamer mashed potatoes, you can add some milk.
I really love this recipe. It's creamy and flavourful. And I love the added texture of the avocados. Really wonderful.
Great recipe..... really flavorful
Gave it 3 stars because I did not make this recipe, but this idea did not carry over to pre-cooked mashed potatoes.
Mixed fork-crushed avocado with stiff mashed potatoes; rested on stove 10 minutes while we had salad. Potatoes & avocado had turned to SOUP in the meantime.
WARNING: Might be OK made exactly as stated and served immediately... but turned my leftover mashed potatoes into soup!