Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I bruise easily, and Vitamin A is the key. I try to find interesting ways to serve Avocado because it is so rich in Vitamin A. (I don't worry about the fat in Avocado). This goes well as a side dish for Enchiladas, Quesadillas or any Mexican style foods.
- 1 avocado, halved,seeded,peeled,and cut into wedges
- 1 mango, peeled,seeded,diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Place Lettuce Leaves on 4 salad plates.
- Top with wedges of avocado.
- Sprinkle with diced mango.
- In small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Mix with fork until blended.
- Using fingers pinch spices lightly over avocado and mango to taste.
Made as shown. I found this recipe does nothing to enhance or improve the natural flavours of the mango or avacado. Will not make again.
Very good and so light. I love that it doesn't have dressing but still has a lot of flavor. The only thing I added was some fresh squeezed lime juice once the plates were compiled. It was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the mango.
This is very good, and a great and unique way to serve them. I've made it with banana and mango (when avocados are out of season), and it's delicious that way too. It's good on lettuce or without