Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom made this for a family event and everyone went crazy about it. Even my mom's recipe classification system of one or two pluses, rated this one +++. I've never seen that before! The recipe came from a cookbook called Vegan Eats World by Terry Hope Romero. It's a compilation of vegan versions of international recipes.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (or palm sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, diced into cubes
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped small
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 small hot green chili pepper (Thai or Serrano)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted, unsalted cashews
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, salt and white pepper. Add the cubed avocado and toss to coat. Now add the mango, red onions, cilantro, mint, chile and chopped cashews to the bowl.
- Use a wide rubber spatula to thoroughly stir the salad making sure the avocado and mango are coated with the lime dressing.
- Enjoy immediately.