Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe found on WholeHealthMD.com. Recipe can be made in 20 minutes. Start cooking the lentils and while they are cooking chop the fruits.
- 1⁄2 cup dry lentils
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or 1 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium mango, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (1 cup)
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (1 cup)
- In large pot of boiling water, cook lentils 20 minutes or until tender but not mushy; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Add warm lentils, toss to combine.
- Add tomatoes, mango, and avocado and toss again. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
I made this dish for my first vegan potluck. It was easy and quick and quite popular. I eye-balled the amounts for the dressing and my dish ended up a little wet. Next time I will be more careful measuring out the oil and vinegar for better texture - my fault, not the recipe's! I might add some black olives next time too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Pretty tasty stuff. I don't think I added quite a cup of mango, but I'll change that next time around.