1/5 Photos of Avocado Lime Salad
A great vegan salad using avocado, tomatoes and scallions. Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine. A popular Spanish and Mexican recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 small tomatoes, cut in 3/4-inch pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cut into 3/4-inch dice (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into large pieces (8 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2Add tomatoes, avocados, scallions and garlic.
- 3Using rubber spatula, gently fold to combine.
- 4Season to taste with pepper.
- 5In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, cumin, remaining tablespoon lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 6Add lettuce and toss.
- 7Season to taste with pepper.
- 8Divide lettuce among plates.
- 9Top each with mound of avocado mixture.
- 10Top with cucumber slices.
- 11sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Lime Salad
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g