1/3 Photos of Avocado & Jicama Salad
Simple attractive salad. Be sure the Jicama has a tight skin, does not look wrinkled and when you cut into it the flesh is pure white. If you have a couple of days before you want to make this salad choose green avocados place them in a paper bag and put them in a cupboard for 2-3 days and they will ripen perfectly. They are dark green almost black when they are ripe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the top& bottom of the Jicama and pare off the brown skin.
- 2Cut into 1/4" slices and then cut into 1/4" strips.
- 3Chop the onion.
- 4Whip together the oil& balsamic vinegar, season with salt& pepper to taste Peel the avocado, cut in half lengthwise, remove pit, cover with the lemon juice (do not prepare the avacado until just before serving) Divide the Jicama betwwen 4 plates.
- 5Place a 1/2 Avocado on top of the Jicama.
- 6Pour dressing into the Avocado cavity.
- 7Sprinkle with chopped onion& serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado & Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.8
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g