Simple attractive salad. Be sure the Jicama has a tight skin, does not look wrinkled and when you cut into it the flesh is pure white. If you have a couple of days before you want to make this salad choose green avocados place them in a paper bag and put them in a cupboard for 2-3 days and they will ripen perfectly. They are dark green almost black when they are ripe
- Remove the top& bottom of the Jicama and pare off the brown skin.
- Cut into 1/4" slices and then cut into 1/4" strips.
- Chop the onion.
- Whip together the oil& balsamic vinegar, season with salt& pepper to taste Peel the avocado, cut in half lengthwise, remove pit, cover with the lemon juice (do not prepare the avacado until just before serving) Divide the Jicama betwwen 4 plates.
- Place a 1/2 Avocado on top of the Jicama.
- Pour dressing into the Avocado cavity.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion& serve.