Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My DD is thrilled when I made this easy salad for her. An option is to serve the avocado by itself or lay it on a bed of lettuce with a sprinkle of dried blueberries. Because avocado quenches the heat of chilies, serve this salad with or after a spicy dish
- 3 large avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely diced
- 2 medium limes
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lettuce (optional)
- dried blueberries (optional)
- Place the avocados in a shallow salad bowl. Add the juice of the limes, the raspberry vinegar, sugar, pepper and salt. (The seasonings can be done ahead of time, leaving the avocado to be cut just before serving).
- Gently toss and chill for 30 minutes. Toss the salad several times.
- Allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, toss gently and serve.