Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I discovered this dish at a unique musical play, where the whole stage was a kitchen and the audience got to eat the results of the production. It was a play created by a theatre group from Belgium called Patatboem. This was served for desert and no one would have believed there were avocados in it, if they hadn't handed out the recipe at the end. It was creamy, sweet and devoured by everyone.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 100 g blueberries
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Mash the avocado and mix in the sugar and half of the lemon juice.
- Add the vanilla ice cream, stir to an even consistency and put the mixture in the freezer.
- Carefully mix the blueberries with most of the grated coconut, the remaining lemon juice and the maple syrup.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Grate the avocado ice cream with a coarse grater and shape it into nests on desert plates.
- Put a scoop of berries in the centre.
- Finish with a few shreds of coconut.