1 hr 15 mins
I discovered this dish at a unique musical play, where the whole stage was a kitchen and the audience got to eat the results of the production. It was a play created by a theatre group from Belgium called Patatboem. This was served for desert and no one would have believed there were avocados in it, if they hadn't handed out the recipe at the end. It was creamy, sweet and devoured by everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash the avocado and mix in the sugar and half of the lemon juice.
- 2Add the vanilla ice cream, stir to an even consistency and put the mixture in the freezer.
- 3Carefully mix the blueberries with most of the grated coconut, the remaining lemon juice and the maple syrup.
- 4Refrigerate for one hour.
- 5Grate the avocado ice cream with a coarse grater and shape it into nests on desert plates.
- 6Put a scoop of berries in the centre.
- 7Finish with a few shreds of coconut.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Ice
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 70.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g