Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I thought I had tasted great hummus, until I discovered avocado hummus. A long standing avocado lover from way back, I now have a new way of eating this tasty little green fruit. This recipe has been adapted from acozykitchen.com.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice and zest and 2 tablespoons of tahini.
- Blend until smooth: add salt (to taste).
- Add avocado to chickpea mixture in food processor and process just until smooth.
- Taste to add salt, if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl; top with olive oil.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita slices or your choice of crackers.
- Makes about 2 cups.