Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
A delicious alternative to classic hummus. Serve with warm pita bread or sliced raw vegetables.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 lb cooked drained chickpeas (save cooking liquid)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- salt (to taste)
- 9 black olives
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit.
- Scoop out the flesh and place it in a food processor or blender with chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and a little of the saved cooking liquid.
- Process until smooth and creamy, adding more liquid if desired.
- Season with salt to taste and serve garnished with the paprika and olives.