Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great delicious recipe that I got from "The Dancing Gourment" cookbook.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Drain beans and rinse in a colander until water runs clear.
- Puree beans with garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until thick and smooth.
- Add more salt or lemon juice if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve.