Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
While this dressing is delicious on a variety of salads, it's also great as a raw veggie dip. It's important to make this the day before serving.
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- Peel avocado, remove the pit and place in a blender bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
- Let chill for 24 hours before serving.
- Check for seasoning and add a pinch of cayenne pepper if the taste is too bland for you.
Outstanding. Makes a good dip or thick dressing.
Very good dip Geema. The avocado flavour was not overpowered by the ansjovis, I did add some cayenne before serving it with pitta crisps and vegetables. The next day I thinned it with some milk and used as a dressing on a salad.