Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the May 1991 issue of Gourmet Magazine.
Make and share this Avocado, Grapefruit & Watercress Salad With Roquefort recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 grapefruits
- 1 1⁄2 avocados (preferably California)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups watercress, packed
- 1⁄3 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- With a serrated knife cut the zest and pith from the grapefruits and working over a bowl, cut the flesh into section, discarding the membranes and reserving 6 tablespoons of the juice.
- Peel and pit the avocados and cut them into 12 wedges. In a bowl sprinkle the avocados with 3 tablespoons of the reserved grapefruit juice, coating them thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice, the vinegar, mustard, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulisfied.
- In a large bowl toss the watercress with two thirds of the dressing and divide it amoung 4 salad plates. Top the watercress decoratively with the avocado wedges, drained, and the grapefruit sections, sprinkle the salads with the Roquefort, and drizzle them with the remaining dressing.