Recipe by twissis
This is another recipe from the "1 of a Kind" cookbook of the Junior League of Mobile, AL. When SusieQusie & I talked about this recipe, she told me I might be a little too fusion-friendly, but it still intrigued me. I liked all the flavor elements & it clearly was an easy fix, so I decided to enter it. Grapefruit is hard to find here, so I hope another fusion-friendly chef will give it a try & validate my fusion-friendly status. Enjoy! (Time does not include time for dressing to chill)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 2 mint leaves
- 118.29 ml strawberry
- 2 grapefruits (peeled & sectioned)
- 2 avocados (peeled & sliced)
- 946.36 ml mixed salad greens (or lettuce of choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make dressing by blending 1st 5 ingredients (YES, including the strawberreis!) in a blender till smooth & chill. (I would use my trusty immersion blender here.).
- To serve: Arrange grapefuit sections & avocado slices on mixed greens or lettuce leaves & drizzle w/dressing.
- NOTE: To decrease fat content, use light or low-fat mayo & sour cream.