Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Yummy, delicious, AMAZING!! I am still working on the "aesthetic" plating presentation of this before I even THINK of taking a picture. One of my avocados was overly ripe, and kind of fell apart when I tossed. I got the idea for this on Food Network from Viva Daisy. I've never seen the show beofre, but this recipe caught my eye!
- 4 grapefruits, ruby red, cut into segments, juice reserved
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After you've cut your grapfruits into segments, squeeze all the juice into a separate bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to juice and wisk. Set aside. (you probably won't need all of this dressing, I didn't).
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and peel the halves. Slice each half lengthwise into 6 thin slices.
- Add the avocado to the grapefruit along with the olives and gently toss with grapefruit dressing to taste.
- Season, to taste, with more salt and pepper if needed, and toss again.
- Squeeze a splash of fresh lime juice over top, optional.