Recipe by susandoeshair
Not only is this salad delicious, it's beautiful as well. The recipe has been in my family for years, originating with my Aunt in Laguna Beach CA some 40 years ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 pink grapefruit (canned works well too and is quicker!)
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/8 's
- 1 bunch baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese or 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the spinich on a round platter, keeping it fairly flat. Keep in refrigerator to chill.
- Lay sliced avcados in colander in sink, and peel and de-membrane the grapefruit over the avacado. The citrus acid in the grapefruit keeps the avocado from darkening.
- On the platter, alternate slices of avocado and grapefruit in a circle on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle with blue or gorgonzola cheese and DRIZZLE with dressing.