Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love cold soups and gazpacho is a special favourite (I really love tomato juice!) I would offer Tabasco with the soup too
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and seed removed
- 750 ml tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Puree tomato, capsicum, onion, garlic, cucumber and 1 avocado in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the tomato juice, lime juice, parsley and mint. Mix and season well to taste.
- Chop the remaining avocado into small dice.
- Ladle soup into six bowls and top each with some chopped avocado.