Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Alright, this is more for fun than actual eating (but be my guest...I seriously plan on eating this one day!) I was inspired by the Geeky Chef's posts based on foods seen in computer and video games, and what always stuck out to me was the avocado and garlic sandwiches in Quest For Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness. If you talk to Olga the shopkeeper in depth after trying to get her back together with Boris, she mentions the sandwiches are "fresh avocado and garlic on pumpkin wheat bread" which is a reference to the farmers in the town who farm garlic, pumpkin, and don't forget Ivan the elephant herder...I included my homage to him with the peanut butter. :) The way they look in the inventory screen also make me think they have peanut butter in them! (Plus you need something to make the avocado and garlic stick to the bread.) Yeast Free Sugar Free Oil Free Pumpkin Whole Wheat Bread looks good to use as the pumpkin wheat bread for ultimate dorkiness/completionism but feel free to use whatever kind of bread you want. This geeky Mordavian delight happens to be vegan and chock full of healthy fats and whole grains!
- 4 slices pumpkin wheat bread
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural-style peanut butter (approx)
- Slice the garlic cloves thinly with a knife (or a razorblade Goodfellas style!).
- Spread each slice of bread with creamy peanut butter, a pretty thin layer.
- Cut the avocado in half to remove the pit then the skins, and slice as desired, using one avocado half per sandwich.
- Arrange the sandwiches as desired, then eat!
- Or throw in your pack to use as rations for adventuring and beware the Necrotaurs, Wyverns, and adorable baby Antwerps.