Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great side dish to serve on a hot day! I let the tomato juice get just past the slushy stage - You'll find that it won't get hard like a cube of ice. It will start to soften as soon as you put the dressing over it. Looks lovely and the dressing is very good. I allow an hour to freeze the tomato juice (not included in the preparation time) This can be served as an appetizer or a side salad
- 3 avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pit removed
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- crisp lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Freeze the tomato juice in an ice cube tray (makes 6).
- Scoop out some of the avacado to enlarge the hollow, just large enough to hold a cube of tomato juice.
- Whisk together mayo, ketchup, lime juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco.
- Stir in the celery and diced avacado.
- Place lettuce leaves on 6 plates, top with an avocado half.
- Put a frozen cube of tomato juice in the hollow.
- Add the dressing on top and serve.