Recipe by Ma Field
I love Avocados and look forward to them every summer. This recipe began life as a filling for stuffed tomatoes, but it's also yummy as a sandwich spread or dip. (or by the spoonful!)
Top Review by Pesto lover
Fantastic spread! I used it on wholegrain wheat bread with sliced rotisserie chicken breast, and a slice of tomato. I used a diced jalapeno instead of green pepper. Great flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside. (may use 3 T *real* bacon bits from a package if desired).
- Meanwhile, peel and mash the avocadoes in a medium size bowl.
- Add lemon juice, onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Mix well and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. (be sure to place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the dip so it doesn't turn dark).