My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb small scallop
- 3 medium avocados, halved and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- curly lettuce leaf, for garnish
- minced cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- 1For mayonnaise.
- 2Combine all ingredients except oil in blender or processor; blend 1 minute.
- 3With machine running, add oil in a thin, steady stream; continue processing until mixture is thick (can be prepared up to 3 days ahead).
- 4Bring wine and ½ cup water to boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 5Add mussels.
- 6Cover and cook until mussels just open, about 4 minutes.
- 7Remove mussels from pan.
- 8Cool slightly.
- 9Remove mussels from shells; chill.
- 10Combine remaining 1 cup water, lemon juice and scallops in medium saucepan; bring to boil.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- 14Combine mussels and scallops in bowl.
- 15Stir in ¾ cup mayonnaise.
- 16Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours (can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- 17Rub peeled avocado halves with 2 tbsp lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- 18Line 6 plates with lettuce leaves; place avocado, cut side up, on each.
- 19Spoon scallop/mussel mixture into avocados, mounding slightly in center.
- 20Or, slice avocados, fanning on top of lettuce; divide scallop mixture among plates.
- 21Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Filled With Marinated Scallops and Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.8
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 557.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar