Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Unique and tangy! For a really bold and dramatic look, serve these on black square dishes (I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!) with sour cream on the side and 2 strips of bacon criss-crossed over the cream. All credit for this recipe goes to my sister:)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream or salsa, for topping
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado; chop it into small bits.
- Combine the avocado bits, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and onion (if using); mash slightly, then stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Beat the eggs and heavy cream together.
- Using 2 skillets set over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter in each and pour half the egg mixture into each.
- When the eggs are nearly set, but still moist on top, spoon 1/2 the avocado mixture onto each omelet.
- Fold one side over the other and leave each in its pan set over low heat for another 1-2 minutes; slide onto warm plates.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or salsa, if desired; serve immediately.