Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Such a simple blend of a few ingredients makes such a wonderful side dish! It is especially great with grilled food is excellent as a filling in pita pockets with chicken or lamb. You can substitute your favorite herbs like fresh basil or oregano for the cilantro but there is something about the cilantro that just makes this dish perfect! If you like cilantro I suggest you try it first before experimenting with other herbs.
- 2 avocados
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Peel and chop avocado into 1/2" pieces. Toss with vinegar- this will keep the avocados from turning brown.
- Note- using balsamic vinegar will color the salad a darker color- try using white balsamic vinegar if you can find it- it will tast great no matter what it looks like!
- Clean and chop the tomatoes and cucumber into 1/2" pieces
- Toss with avocado.
- Gently stir the feta and cilantro into the mix
- Drizzle the olive oil over top.
- Stir to combine well.
- Can be eaten on the spot but can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours.