Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
I purchased some Black-Olive paste for the Stocking Swap with mama's kitchen (Hope)and of course had to get one for myself. This is a recipe I found and adapted that uses the wonderful paste. The original recipe was by Jimmy Bradley, co-owner of of Chelsea's wonderful Red Cat at The Mermaid Inn.
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
I absolutely adored this dish! I made my own black olive paste by processing some olives with a tsp of olive oil and used cilantro because it is my favorite herb. This was good! I really mean it was good...
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black olive paste
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons very finely chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons very finely chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe Hass avocadoes or 1 -2 large ripe florida avocado
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small jar or container with lid, shake oil with the vinegar, olive paste, onion, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper until well blended.
- Halve the Hass avocado or quarter the Florida avocado and remove the pit and peels. Gently hold the avocados and thinly slice crosswise, keeping them whole (do not separate slices). Using a spatula, carefully place the avocado, cut side down, to a platter and gently press each of them to fan out the slices. Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon over the tops and drizzle the vinaigrette on top of the avocados and serve.