1/2 Photos of Avocado Eggs Benedict
Fresh avocado slices and a special creamy sauce really dress up this classic egg dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- 2Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheeses and seasonings. Cook and stir until cheese is melted; keep warm.
- 3Place 2-3 inches of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently.
- 4Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken (but are not hard), about 4 minutes.
- 5Place Canadian bacon and avocado on each muffin half. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water and place over avocado.
- 6Top with cheese sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Eggs Benedict
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.2
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 292.7 mg
- Sodium 1192.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g