Recipe by gailanng
An addictive appetizer with dip. Please do not alter the recipe and bake. They do not come out as well.
Avocado Egg Rolls
- 4 avocados
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped (seeds removed)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 14 -16 egg roll wraps
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or more if wanting to deep fry)
Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced (seeded or not)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all avocados in half and scoop out the center. Chop the tomato, green onions and garlic and toss into a bowl with the avocados. Put cumin, chili powder and lime into the bowl. Mash gently with potato masher until creamy, but there are still chunks of avocado. Remember, don't over do it.
- To assemble the egg roll: Peel off one egg roll wrapper. Place about 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture at one end of the wrapper.
- Roll once. Fold in the sides. Continue to roll. Moisten the end of the wrapper with water. Finish rolling and press the wet end of the wrapper closed.
- Continue making egg rolls until all the filling is used.
- Place each egg roll on a damp paper towel covered with a damp paper towel so as not to dry out.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Cook rolls in hot oil over medium high heat. Brown egg rolls on each side turning when needed. When browned on each side place on paper towel lined plate. This may be done in batches.
- Season with salt and serve with dipping sauce.
- To Make Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip: Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.